Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Day 10 - Avon 4th of July.

Missoula, Montana to Avon, Montana



Second century in three days! Today we were off to a truck breakfast (French press coffee, oatmeal, etc. etc.) bright and early in the morning. I rode most of the day with Ane, which was such a treat...though maybe not so much for her :) Ane got her own personal coach with Iron Mike today, who gave her technique tips and also pushed her like our old swimming coaches used to.





The landscape changed a little today, mountains in the background and rolling hills of farmland and grazing land. We saw lots of cattle, some beautiful heron on a lake, and a whole herd of antelope. That was pretty sweet, I’ve never seen antelope before that I recall. Our day was pretty uneventful otherwise. It got pretty hot today, so it was good to get some miles in while it was cool. We stopped for while at a little creek to wade our feet in the freezing water to cool off. It was probably full of cow poop, but it felt good anyways.



The last ten miles of the day were pretty hard for me, I was just beat. But it was a good day, a long day for me, but a good day. There was a good mix of quick miles and pokey miles with conversation and sing alongs with Bob. Tonight camp is in a tiny, tiny town called Avon. It’s an actual campground here, with nice facilities, and a FANTASTIC dinner was brought to us tonight. Yes, it was spaghetti again, but the vegetarian sauce was basically a chili with beans and veggies. Then we were brought the “best pie in the country,” which was very good and very filling.

It was a bit of a long day, but it was so satisfying at night. I am continually appreciative and inspired by this group of people. I had such an inspiring conversation with Jody today, which made my day. She is possibly the most faithful person I have ever met, lives through spirit and love. I can’t help but think about how hard this trip will be to leave, and how lucky I am at this point in my life to be surrounded by such a community.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home