Saturday, June 30, 2007

Day 6 - So I hear good things about Idaho.

Spokane, Washington to Sandpoint, Idaho

Today was a definite contender for the most beautiful scenery so far. The morning began with a fantastic meal by the Gonzaga cafeteria (where Ane stuffed a few extra pancakes in her jersey for the road) and then we rode out of down in a huge paceline with at least two dozen people, which was really fun. Of course a handful of us stopped for espresso (thank you Bob, so kind of you), and we were off to enjoy the last of Washington. I met up with Ane a couple of times today, which was so wonderful. Our lead into Idaho was extraordinary, truly. It was like the northwoods of Minnesota but on mountains.



The day FLEW by, and we covered 75 miles in about 4 ½ hours, and it was absolutely gorgeous. I also mastered the technique of shooting pictures on the bike, which I feel will be essential. We cruised into Sandpoint, ID before 1:00 and walked down into town to eat at the nice little Hydra (or Hydrant in Tom’s words) Restaurant, and then of course stopped for the town specialty: huckleberry shakes. Even I had one, and they were delicious. I feel like I’m eating so much for this ride, but the guys on this trip are seriously devouring as much as they physically can. The quote I loved after we finished lunch was, “Well we’ve got to go get those shakes because we have dinner in an hour.”

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex said...

I can just picture Ane stuffing pancakes in her jersey Napoleon Dynamite style, haha. "Are you gonna eat those pancakes?"

July 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home