Sunday, May 06, 2007

april showers really do bring may flowers...

Hello everyone and thank you so much for your patience with my poorly updated blog. It has been over a month since I have last posted, and so much has happened since then. School has been out for a while now it seems. I had an all-nighter (literally) some pretty great dark circles under my eyes, and some anxiety-ridden dreams when I did sleep, but I pulled out of finals' week alright. This was the most stressful, most crazy, and at the same time, most rewarding semester thus far. Honestly: fundraising, training, working, and then some Organic Chemistry just to make things fun. I am still in one piece however, and now I am looking forward to the next month and a half as I prepare for my ride.

I am in the home-stretch now for fundraising. I still need about $2,000 left to raise before the 1st of June, and I am doing all I can to realize that. Unfortunately, I had a lot of trouble with the postal service last month. It turned out that 20 letters of mine were misplaced (long story) by the Plymouth post office and got out over a month late. I apologize to anyone out there who received one of these letters. Many of you reading this may have had me knocking at your door this weekend, and I want to thank you deeply for actually checking out my website and supporting me in this cause. It's so easy to just brush-off door-to-door "peddlars," and I really appreciate your support.

If anyone has any questions, or any words of wisdom or support, I would love an email or comment here (elizabethsch@gmail.com). And please, if you're in Michigan, stop by Cafe Luwak in Depot Town of Ypsilanti! I'm working a million hours this month, and there's a good chance you can say hello to me...come on....ice cream and espresso and a smile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home